(Formally part of IBM), working on their Lloyds Bank activity
Our client had a need to improve their contact centre agent staff’s alignment and conversations with UK customers, which, whilst functionally acceptable lacked empathy and understanding.
All activity was conducted from the contact centre in Manila, operated by their outsourcer. In the context of customer repayments and personal changes to customer situations, understanding these changes and the practical as well as emotional impacts on their customers was vital.
Through detailed discussions we agreed to deliver and coach more powerful soft-skills capabilities as well as UK-culture aligned skills guidance and support to their front-line staff.
The key focus was to support their own Trainers and front line managers / Team Leaders and to help embed the materials we provide to ensure ongoing self-management of the programme.
This was a particularly challenging project working in one of their offshore contact centres in the Philippines. We had a very short timescale for mobilisation and onsite fact find/ training needs analysis with the need for comprehensive material development over the Christmas period with management briefings and training roll out in January over an intensive 2 week period.
We had been appointed by the outsourcer and we had a number of interested and effected parties to manage during this project;
The international Concentrix lead, the Concentrix country and sites managers, the worldwide Concentrix L&R team and a number of end client (Lloyds) business managers – this resulted in a fairly political and at times challenging series.
- Rapid design and deployment of TNA Review at client operational centre in Manila.
- Design of modular training programme for their agent community with support exercises and materials
- Design of train the trainer programme to up skill their training team to enable their further delivery and advisor support.
- Programme deployment to their Advisors and Team Managers
- Training and certification of their Trainers to ensure a self-sustaining solution remained in place after Ember returned to the UK.
Impacts & Outputs:
- The skills development focused upon enhancing ‘soft skills’, including upskilling Team Leaders to run modules to their teams focused on; rapport, empathy and handling emotions.
- We had a packed 2 weeks of delivery for 2 trainers who managed to take eight groups through a 1 ½ day skills training programme (including 80 Team Leaders and 20 Quality Assessors).
- One Train the Trainer session and knowledge transfer through individual Trainers observing each training session.
- Observed and provided coaching support to 12 Team Leaders with their role-out of an initial training module to their team.
- All delivery sessions received delegate feedback and the average score out of 5 was a staggering 4.9, just 11 people not giving it a full 5 marks from the total of 111 participants.
- Typical comment verbatim included, ‘It was fantastic, really creative and delivered the topics clearly’, ‘I’d love to have more in the future’, “The skills will be really useful when coaching”, “The skills were really well explained and linked to each other” and “It provided me with more ideas and ways to discuss soft skills with my team”.
We are delighted to say that our Concentrix client gave us great feedback during our review.
As we left the Manila building, and subsequently, the feedback has remained extremely positive with roll out continuing over the next 4 weeks through their Team Leaders.
Our Analytics Services:
Our analytics services focus on generating insights from your customer interactions. We offer a swift and effective way to answer crucial questions and discover hidden trends and patterns – providing actionable insights that relate purely to your business.
Contact us today to discuss your requirements.
Ember Group is a specialist consulting, analytics and professional services group dedicated to transforming customer engagement and CX strategies and operations for major brands globally. With offices in London and Toronto, we deliver solutions to help organisations realise their customer service vision and increase commercial value from their service operations.
We have a team of specialists across various practices and disciplines, including service operations, digital, outsourcing, technology, commercial and finance, analytics, recruitment & search, training and L&D.
We are ready and available to discuss your requirements further. If you have any questions about our offerings and the services, please contact us.