FirstSource contacted us to ask for help in initiating a mentoring programme in the organisation. They described their needs as having a training solution provided for 8 – 10 senior managers who would be identified as possible mentors, and for another 8 – 10 junior managers who would be the mentees.
How We Helped:
To support Firstsource, we discussed a one-day training course for the Senior Managers and a half-day course for the Mentees. The course designed for the identified senior managers would address a number of key questions such as:
- What are the benefits of mentoring in the workplace?
- What is the role of a mentor?
- Who should be a mentor?
- How should the mentor/mentee match be conducted?
- How do I structure a mentoring session?
- What skills do I need to perfect to make the relationship work for both parties?
- What is ‘out-of-scope’ for mentoring?
The course designed for the Junior Managers, who would benefit from being mentored, would address a number of key questions:
- What will I gain from having a mentor?
- What is their role and what will I have to commit to?
- How much time will it take?
- What will it involve?
- How do I make sure I have the right person as my mentor?
- What can I bring/not bring to a mentoring conversation or relationship?
The Mentoring for Mentors and the Mentoring for Mentees courses were delivered in London and Middlesbrough by Ember Real Results consultants, Moir Ferguson and Sandra Ellington.
This programme was extremely well received by all the delegates. Both groups found the interactive nature of their course and the content valuable to their roles, and delegates were extremely positive and engaged fully in the delivery of the programme. These are some of the comments made by delegates in their feedback:
- Good day
- Learned loads
- Good high energy
- Good programme
- Very informative
- A lot of reflection
- Happy to have these skills
- Really enjoyed the training
- All content was relevant
- Everyone in session took something away
- Great session!
- Will always avoid role plays, personal pref.
- Probably the best 'purposeful' Firstsource course I've been on
- Thank you
Ember Group is a specialist consulting, analytics and professional services group dedicated to transforming customer engagement and CX strategies and operations for major brands globally. With offices in London and Toronto, we deliver solutions to help organisations realise their customer service vision and increase commercial value from their service operations.
We have a team of specialists across various practices and disciplines, including service operations, digital, outsourcing, technology, commercial and finance, analytics, recruitment & search, training and L&D.
We are ready and available to discuss your requirements further. If you have any questions about our offerings and the services, please contact us.