Building the Business Case for Change
Depend on our experienced consultants to help you secure buy-in from the board or external investors.
With competing pressure for investment, securing board-level investment for customer engagement change is increasingly challenging. It is critical that you present a robust business case that not only promises the right financial return from change but is also aligned to the strategic goals, vision and strategy of the organisation.
We have helped clients of all sizes in all sectors develop robust business cases, backed by realistic delivery plans and risk mitigation – and so helped them win the backing of the board.
Drawing on first-hand experience on both sides of the table and, where possible, strong engagement with the right client stakeholders, we understand competing priorities and the key measures that will be used by the board to prioritise investment. We can then apply that to help you build a successful business case.
We have a flexible approach to developing business cases that helps us deal with scale and complexity. We work closely with the consulting and client teams to shape a business case the board can believe in. Our approach comprises:
- Identifying the right model to support the requirement and the ‘levers’ that will drive the model
- Defining the parameters related to costs and benefits
- Working with your team to ensure initiatives are clearly linked to the appropriate parameters and ‘levers’ – including developing relevant financial and non-financial KPIs
- Running scenarios and testing the business case with key stakeholders
- Developing outputs to support the board review.
Our vastly experienced team can draw on a huge range of projects and programmes to present ideas that are proven to work and pinpoint – and mitigate – potential risks. We are wholly independent and have no links to vendors. Our flexible approach can support tactical change and strategic transformation. Furthermore, we have an impressive track record of helping clients secure board buy-in to deliver change